Certifications must be renewed prior to the certificate expiration date. Most ACE certifications must be renewed every two years from the date of certification. The certification expiration date is printed on all certificates and available by logging into your account.
Requirements for Recertification
All ACE Certifications, including Water-based Fire Protection Inspector Level I and Level II, are required to be renewed every two years.
To be eligible for renewal, Inspectors must meet the following requirements within the renewal term of their certification (i.e. within the 24 months of certification or renewal):
How to Recertify
- Login to your account
- Update your account with the necessary prerequisites of 16.0 hours of continuing education and documentation of 2,000 hours of work experience.
– Update your continuing education under “Training History”.
– Upload your completed Employment Verification Validation form under “Work Experience / Validation”.
- Once your account is updated, select “Recertify” from the menu on the left side of your dashboard and follow the prompts.
- Once your application for recertification has been approved you will be notified by email and a new certificate will immediately be available under your account “Certification History” and a hard copy will be mailed to the address on file.